Print    Close This Window
Update from Superintendent - June 4

This message is to inform you that the following individuals tested positive for COVID-19 June 4: one CRS in-person student. This individual is currently in isolation and will not return to school until released by the Monroe County Department of Public Health. No further action by the district was recommended. This case has been submitted into the COVID-19 School Report Card database.

I am happy to  share that beginning June 7, masking outdoors will not be required for the remainder of this school year. The decision has been made in alignment with recent state guidance for day camps and summer programs, CDC guidance, athletic guidance, and in consultation with local medical professionals. In addition, the county rate continues to decrease and we have no internal school community spread. This provides additional data to make a local decision, consistent with New York State Department of Health guidance and exceptions, to eliminate masking outdoors, especially due to impending increased temperatures and warmer weather.

For those families who would like their child to wear masks outdoors, that is certainly allowable. Masking indoors and on buses will be reviewed pending release of any information from the New York State Department of Health.