Congratulations to eight of our visual artists and their teachers for their inclusion in Start Here, an annual invitational exhibition hosted at Rochester Institute of Technology's Bevier Gallery. Their work is on display from Jan. 18 through Feb. 2, 2019. Featured artists are:
- - McKenzie Puckett: Flip book animation (gr. 9, Studio Art/teacher—Leah Marvin)
- - Zetlale Martinez-Gilbert: Chalk pastel drawing (gr. 9, Studio Art/ teacher—Leah Marvin)
- - Renee Guerin: Pencil drawing (gr. 11, AP Studio Art/ teacher—Cheryl Simon)
- - Retag Ibrahim: Color pencil drawing (gr. 11, IB Art/ teacher—Cheryl Simon)
- - Jessica Jong: Ceramic mask (gr. 12, Ceramics/ teacher—Jonathan Woodard)
- - Aidan Seaburg: CD graphic design (gr. 12, Digital Imaging/ teacher—Jonathan Woodard)
- - Lauren Hughes: Goldfinch (Middle School, teacher—Anne Clancy)
- - Olivia Repass: Urban drawing (Middle School, teacher—Anne Clancy)
We are particularly happy to report that Renee Guerin was awarded the Medical Illustration Award for her work.
The prestigious show includes work from middle and high school art students in the Rochester and Finger Lakes regions.
Feature photo: Renee Guerin with her award-winning drawing.
This page: Olivia Repass with her artwork.