The Churchville-Chili Board of Education would like to inform its residents of a board member position vacancy. Board Member Kristen Brumbaugh has announced her resignation after seven years as a board member. The Board and the District would like to acknowledge the commitment and enrichment that Kristen brought through her leadership and thank her for her dedication.
How Long is a Term?
A typical term is for three years. Since board member Kristen Brumbaugh resigned in the middle of a term, the board will appoint an individual for the remainder of the 2022-23 school year until the annual vote occurs in May 2023.
What do I do if I am Interested?
Submit a letter of interest addressed to District Clerk Barb Woo [email protected]
(see district website for more information) no later than October 11. Letter of interest must include:
- Number of years you have lived in the district
- Your occupation
- Contributions to or involvement in the community and the community service you have done
- Why you want to be a school board member
- What you think are the two top issues facing Churchville-Chili Schools over the next three years
Candidates will be interviewed in late October.
What are the Qualifications?
In order to run for the Board of Education, a candidate must be:
- able to read and write;
- a qualified voter of the Churchville-Chili Central School District;
- at least 18 years of age; and
- a legal resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
What is the Commitment?
are supportive of the District’s Vision and Mission and Public Education;
Mission - The Churchville-Chili Central School District challenges all students to strive for excellence while developing their unique talents and becoming respectful, resourceful citizens and contributing members of an interconnected global society.
- attend the annual budget vote on 5/16/23
- participate in the graduation ceremony 6/24/23
- participate as a member in district committees which meet either monthly, quarterly or annually depending on the committee and/or Monroe County School Board Association Committees which meet monthly
- are visible at district events – athletics, fine arts, robotics, etc.
- have the ability to receive digital documents and review information in preparation for board meetings
- attend board meetings, work sessions and executive sessions;
- 11/8/22, 11/22/22, 12/13/22, 1/10/23, 1/24/23, 2/14/23, 2/28/23, 3/14/23, 3/28/23, 4/11/23, 4/25/23, 5/2/23, 5/23/23, 6/13/23, 6/20/23, 6/27/23
- attend facility tour – spring date TBA