SHS and NGA
Friday, September 30, 2022
Day 2Class Announcements and School Info:
1. Homecoming Week is almost here and Executive Council has a fun filled week planned for us
. Be sure to dress up all week for Spirit Points in your first period class, the Royal Competition is Tuesday night, and Thursday is a day filled with Orange and Black with the Pep Rally during the day and the Orange and Black Homecoming Dance at night. Come out and have some fun filled with music, friends and food. The dance will be 9-12 in Gym A, from 7 – 10PM. Tickets for Thursday’s dance will be $5 and for sale Tuesday – Thursday next week in lunches and at the door for the first hour. [email protected]
2. Attention all Churchville Chili students
– do you think you can win an eating contest? Can you make a creative costume with a partner? If you think you have what it takes to be winners of the Churchville Chili Royal Homecoming Court, then sign up starting Wednesday in lunch to be a part of the fun. Find a partner, make a costume and show up Tuesday, October 4th at Field #1 for a fun and exciting Homecoming Royal Court Competition. Pairs will be judged and timed with 5 events – costume, eating contest, puzzle contest, trivia competition and the awesome obstacle course. Our Royal Court will be announced at the Pep Rally on Thursday, October 6th. Sign up in lunches by Friday at 2 this week to join in the fun. [email protected]
3. Attention all future firefighters:
This Saturday, Oct. 1, between 10 AM and 2 PM you will have the opportunity to learn about Fire Service Exploring through the Gates-Chili Fire Department Post 272. The open house will take place at 2355 Chili Avenue. You will learn more about their programs. This opportunity is geared towards students ages 14-20. For more information, stop in to the Career Center today. [email protected]
4. Upcoming college visits in the College and Career Center
will with St. Bonaventure and the U of R on Monday, October 3rd, SUNY College at Brockport on Tuesday October 4th, and SUNY Canton on Wednesday October 5th. If you are interested in sitting with an admissions representative from any of these fine colleges to explore your options, stop in the College and Career Center to sign up and receive a pre-signed pass. Also, the United States Army will be coming in on Wednesday, October 5th for a lunch visit. If you are interested in seeing what the military has to offer, see the Recruiter at their table during your lunch time. [email protected]
5. Great news for any student still interested in participating in a fantastic Career exploration field trip.
You have until October 14th to sign up for the Rochester Careers in Construction day scheduled for October 20th. You will have the opportunity to check out apprenticeship programs, meet with potential employers, and have hands-on activities including equipment trials. Stop by the Career Center to pick up your permission slip today through Oct. 14th. [email protected]
6. Homecoming is fast approaching, and the CC video board needs HYPE!
We will be putting community hype videos on the big scoreboard during all our athletic events, and we want YOU to join in! Keep it clean and positive, upload it to Google Drive or similar and share it with [email protected]
any questions, ask Mr. Baldwin, who can be found around the CCPAC and Fine Arts wing. [email protected]
7. Attention Sophomores:
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY OF THIS WEEK, ALL 10TH GRADE STUDENTS WILL BE TURNING IN THEIR CURRENT CHROMEBOOKS AND CHARGERS FOR AN UPGRADED MODEL. SOPHOMORES NEED TO TURN IN BOTH THE CHROMEBOOK AND YOUR CHARGER OR ELSE YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE COST. THE EXCHANGES WILL TAKE PLACE DURING YOUR GLOBAL HISTORY CLASSES SO BE READY AND RESPONSIBLE. [email protected]
8. ORDER YOUR CLASS OF 2023 YARD SIGN!
You can place your order for an 18 x 24 Class of 2023 Senior Sign (with stake) now until October 3rd. Signs will be handed out towards the middle of October. Watch school news for date and location. Click here to order. 10/3
9. 9-12 Families should order yearbooks now to get the best price of the year.
On Friday the price will increase. Last year we sold. Get orders in early! [email protected]
10. Attention Saints
: Thank you for your commitment to learning and instruction by adhering to the new personal electronic device policy. It is really nice to see fewer distractions and more productive conversation among students and teachers. Your cooperation and focus is recognized and appreciated. [email protected]
11. This is a reminder to seniors and their families
. Immunization requirements are due. Please know October 1st is the deadline. Students will be excluded from school who are not in compliance. Any questions or updates should be directed to the nurse. [email protected]
9/30Club and Fine Arts Announcements and Community info:
12. The Ceramics Club meeting scheduled for Monday the 3rd is being moved to Wednesday the 5th.
Join us for our first kick-off meeting Wednesday in room 1222 from 2:00 to 3:00! We will be planning our activities and projects for the year! Come and be a part of the fun! See Mr. Woodard for more details. [email protected]
13. Are you good at debating others or interested in how the legal system works?
Do you like to solve problems? You can do both and have fun doing it with hands on experience through Mock Trial and Model UN. If you are interested in knowing more about either club, there will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, October 4th in room 1340 right after school. If you cannot make the meeting, please see or email Mr. Trendel. [email protected]
14. The Students for the Environment and the Foreign Language clubs are organizing a community clean-up
. If you would like to participate and earn some volunteer credit, see Mr. Biedlingmaier or Ms. Blaker for a kit! This event will run through October 14th. Join us to clean up our local communities! [email protected]
15. The Video production club will be starting up on Monday October 3rd
. The club meets every morning from 6:30 – 7:10 am in room 1421 in the MST wing. If you are interested in joining the club, please join the google classroom using code: al4dtcp for more information. [email protected]
9/30Sports Announcements and Intramurals info:
16. Congrats to the Boys Varsity Soccer team on a 1-0 win at Canandaigua
. Goal by Kyle Cherry, Shutout by Mason Simmons [email protected]
17. Boys Volleyball with another sweep in Canandaigua last night!
Varsity is now 9-1, JV is 10-1. For the match: James Southcott 18 assists 3 aces, Braedon Reina 8 assists 3 aces, Max McKay 10 kills, Michael St. Denis 9 kills 3 aces, Sammy St. Denis 8 kills, David Rowlands 6 kills, Aidan Snover 10 digs. [email protected]
9/30Click here to view the Interscholastic Sports Contests for the week of September 26th.
Best of luck to all our teams. Go Saints!!! Click here to change email preferences/unsubscribe to E-news.