Srs. Announce Plans to Compete in Collegiate Sports
Churchville-Chili High School recently celebrated with 10 of their senior Saints who are looking forward post-graduation to competing in their chosen sports at the college level:
- In Cross Country and Track:
- Joseph Gleason plans to compete for the Division III SUNY Oswego (Oswego, NY) Lakers. Gleason participated in three varsity sports: cross country, indoor track and outdoor track & field. He received multiple awards during his high school career including Most Improved Athlete and was team captain for both XC and track. He plans to major in marketing.
- Zachary Piper joins the Division III St. John Fisher College (Rochester, NY) Cardinals. Piper was also a three-sport athlete: varsity cross country, track & field and ice hockey. He is a recent Section V Class A Champion in the pentathlon and is the Class of 2022’s senior class president. He will be studying accounting.
- In Football:
- Jonathan Jeffers will continue on to the next level of competition with the Division III Alfred University (Alfred, NY) Saxons. Section V Eddie Meath All-Star Jeffers has been recognized as All-County in both football and wrestling. He will be majoring in business finance.
- Sean Murphy will compete for Division III Greyhounds at Moravian University (Bethlehem, PA). The three-sport athlete, in football, bowling and track & field, plans a career in physical therapy.
- In Lacrosse:
- Jessica Marciano joins the Division III Pioneers at Utica University (Utica, NY). Marciano has been an exceptional asset to Saints lacrosse during her varsity career. She is eminently coachable, constantly applying new strategies on the field. Marciano is known for her great attitude, work ethic and ability to give 110% in every game.
- Liam Podszebka is heading to Utica’s SUNY Polytechnic Institute to join the Division III Wildcats. Achieving a single season ‘takes’ record of 40, Podszebka exemplifies leadership on and off the field. He has strong principles and worked with teammates throughout his school career to help them succeed and build their capabilities. He will major in civil engineering.
- In Swimming:
- Allyson Burnett becomes a member of the Pride at Division III Springfield College (Springfield, Mass.). Burnett had an impressive showing at this year’s Section V Class B Championships, finishing 7th in the 200 Freestyle and 4th in the 100 Backstroke. The 2022 girls’ MVP is planning to become a physician’s assistant.
- Keegan Wooding signed a National Letter of Intent to compete with the Division I Highlanders at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ). Wooding is one of the best swimmers in Churchville-Chili history, and this year’s boys’ MVP. He finished 11th in the 200 Freestyle and 8th in the 500 Freestyle at the NYS Championships. He is majoring in computer science.
- In Volleyball:
- Connor O’Mealia celebrates his entry into the Division III Mounties at Mount Aloysius College (Cresson, PA). One of the Saints’ leaders in volleyball kills, aces and blocks, O’Mealia served as one of the varsity captains this year, and helped the team win their 2019 Section V title. His leadership and encouragement throughout his school career have inspired his teammates.
- Ethan Yue will play for the Division III Bloodhounds at CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice (NYC). Yue has been a monstrous presence for the Saints in midcourt. He is team leader in quick set attacks and shut down some of the best attackers in in the county with 34 blocks. His dedication and hard work have prepared him for an exceptional college experience at John Jay.