Welcome to Physical Education at Fairbanks Road Elementary School. It is our goal to create a fun, safe and physically active environment to assist our young people in making wise and healthy decisions about their body and enable them to gain a greater appreciation for living a healthy life style. Following the three guidelines below will help us achieve this goal!
- Students need to wear sneakers in order to participate in class. It is helpful to have students wear Velcro fastening sneakers if they are unable to tie their own shoe.
- Students should wear clothes which allow them to participate in physical activities: dresses, skirts and jewelry should be avoided.
- Students will be expected to actively participate in class unless they have a note from home, family doctor or the school nurse.
New York State Physical Education Standards
- Personal Health and Fitness: Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity, and maintain personal health.
- A Safe and Healthy Environment: Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain safe and healthy environment.
- Resource Management: Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
Why do children need Physical Education?
Physical Education helps improve a child’s overall health by increasing:
Muscular strength and power
Improved bone development
Increased mental alertness
Active lifestyle habits
Constructive use of leisure time
Physical Education helps improve a child’s mental alertness, academic performance, readiness to learn, and enthusiasm for learning.
Grades K thru 4 - sneakers and clothing which allows full and free movement (no dresses, please).For safety reasons sneakers that tie or have Velcro straps are required.
Outside activities are planned until November 9 for grades 3 and 4. Sweatpants and sweatshirts are recommended on colder days.
If you have any questions you can contact us at:
Paul Dick at email@example.com
Brian Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org