Office of Instruction
The Churchville-Chili Central School District's first goal centers on our core business - teaching and learning:
"Engage all students in learner-centered instructional experiences based on state standards and rigorous district curriculum that leads to mastery on local, state, and national assessments, graduation, and the transfer and application of learning into their lives."
To that end, our staff is working collaboratively to provide a classroom environment which is supportive while implementing a common curriculum which is aligned to the New York State standards. At the same time, we are committed to providing instruction which requires our students to think, dialogue, debate, make meaning, and take responsibility for their learning.
- Learners working collaboratively in a respectful and meaningful manner
- Learners using effective communication to create, share, and build upon ideas
- Learners taking responsibility for their own learning by setting goals and monitoring progress
- Learners making relevant connections between what they are learning and their own lives
- Learners using critical thinking skills to develop and refine their understandings
- Learners having some autonomy and choice
- Learners reflecting on their work and the work of others
- Learners using technology as a tool for learning and communicating
- Learners developing their own questions to guide their learning
- Learners producing meaningful work that demonstrates learning
- Learners persevering and using a variety of strategies to effectively solve problems
- Learners energized by engaging learning experiences
The Office of Instruction coordinates curriculum writing and reviews projects with school level and district-wide instructional leaders, administrators and teaching staff. This office also oversees all courses of study, enrichment, Response to Intervention supports and ELL services.
Assistant Superintendent for Student Services
Director of Curriculum, Assessment & Professional Development
Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics
Director of Fine Arts