This page has information about the Churchville-Chili Chapter of National Honor Society. Please read carefully and email the advisor if you have questions. Thanks.
Seniors (Class of 2021) can submit community service hours from junior year any time through email to Mr. Glor at [email protected]
We will use the NHS Google Classroom for announcements and Zoom for a few online meetings this year.
The induction ceremony for 2020 was postponed until spring 2021. Details to be determined.
*** NHS members, you can still obtain community service hours this year. Be creative. Be safe and practice social distancing, but be willing to drive meals to someone in need, pick up branches for an elderly neighbor, write notes to community members, etc. This is an important time to show your leadership, scholarship, community service and character! ***
The following is some basic information about the program:
- NHS is a program for juniors and seniors with a GPA of 90.0 (weighted) or above. Requirements for membership include demonstration of character, leadership, citizenship and scholarship. The faculty council looks at grades for all 4 quarters of the previous school year. An overall GPA of 90.0 is the minimum requirement.
- Any student in grade 11 or 12 may apply in September. Students must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 90.0 (weighted) or above to be eligible for membership. Applications are reviewed by the faculty council in October. Students applying must demonstrate previous or current community service, leadership, character and involvement in school and community activities. Applications should be turned in to Mr. Glor before the end of September.
- Members are expected to complete 20 or more hours of volunteer community service for each year of high school. These service hours sheets can be found outside of Mr. Glor's classroom (1151) and on this website. Juniors and seniors should complete 20 or more hours of volunteer work each year that they are part of the program.
- National Junior Honor Society is for students in grades 8 and 9. The advisor for this club is Dr. Karen Benedict. Her contact information is [email protected]..
- Current members (12th graders) receive a cord at the end of the year and these may be worn during graduation with their cap and gown. Seniors get to keep these cords. They may be picked up from Mr. Glor anytime after June 5th. *This year they may be distributed with caps and gowns.
- Current members will be expected to attend a fall, winter and spring online meetings to discuss plans for the year. Please check your e-mail and listen to announcements for updates. Thanks.
- All current members should sign up to get NHS e-mails and text message alerts using the school e-mail/text distribution system.
- If there are any questions regarding NHS, please contact the club advisor, Mr. Glor at [email protected]
Club Officers for 2020/2021:
President: Leah Ward
Vice-Pres: Jaida Ward
Secretary: Kaitlyn Sipes
Treasurer: Audrey Kohlman