Our goal is to provide hands-on learning experiences for our students which cross curriculum areas. We also aim to link agriculture to the classroom, teaching the value of growing food while addressing sustainability, supporting local families through the food cupboard (the recipients of our summer harvest), and providing nutritious food for our school community. Of course none of this would be possible without our wonderful team of donors who have shared resources of supplies, time, and/or talents.
We are always looking for volunteers. Become part of our standing garden committee or simply volunteer some time to help in our beautiful gardens.
Interested in Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help out in the garden this summer. We wouldn’t be able to do it without your help. You can access our garden signup sheet at the link here: http://its.cccsd.org/gardens/default.aspx.
We are looking for volunteers all summer on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You may show up at any time that works for you and your family. We will send out a volunteer reminder email the week prior to your sign up date to let you know any pertinent information.
A few housekeeping items:
- The garden is located behind the operations and maintenance house at 145 Fairbanks Road. A map of the location is attached to this email. You can park in the Middle School parking lot.
- This summer, we have a new shed on site, built by some of our high school students. The shed will not be locked, and all of the materials will be located inside.
- We ask that you stay as long or as little amount of time as you are able.
- We will have water and cups on site, but please feel free to bring your own.
- There have been a lot of mosquitos out there, so please come prepared with bug spray and sunscreen.
- Please wear sneakers.