Our goal is to provide hands-on learning experiences for our students which cross curriculum areas. We also aim to link agriculture to the classroom, teaching the value of growing food while addressing sustainability, supporting local families through the food cupboard (the recipients of our summer harvest), and providing nutritious food for our school community. Of course none of this would be possible without our wonderful team of donors who have shared resources of supplies, time, and/or talents.
We are always looking for volunteers. Become part of our standing garden committee or simply volunteer some time to help in our beautiful gardens.
Interested in Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help out in the garden this summer. We wouldn’t be able to do it without your help. You can access our garden signup sheet at the link here: http://staffzone.cccsd.org/gardens/
We are looking for volunteers all summer on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You may show up at any time that works for you and your family. We will send out a volunteer reminder email the week prior to your sign up date to let you know any pertinent information.
A few housekeeping items:
- The garden is located behind the operations and maintenance house at 145 Fairbanks Road. A map of the location is below. You can park in the Middle School parking lot.
- We have a shed on site, built by some of our high school students. The shed will not be locked, and all of the materials will be located inside.
- Many of our students have learned to safely handle and carry tools and we encourage you to do the same when you bring your children to help at the garden.
- Weeding and watering are our top priorities. Water can be turned on at the back of the house; please be sure to turn it off when you leave.
- You are welcome to stay as long as you are able.
- Please remember to wear sneakers.
- Don't forget your own drinking water, bug spray and sunscreen.
- If you notice there are items ready to be harvested, please feel free to do so and take it home with you.