If you are interested in attending open gyms, please reach out to Coach Kocher to sign Up! Please see below:
2020-21 Cheerleading Off-Season Workout Plan
Contact drills such as stunting are prohibited
Safety Rules and Protocols
Screening Protocols will be communicated to parents
- Prior sign up must occur which includes emergency contact information. There will be a google doc link to sign up for open gym sessions and a link to submit Emergency contact information. Once sign-ups are complete, coach will form Group A and Group B and let students and parents know which group they are in. This email will include the screening form and this information will also be posted on the cheerleading website.
- Parents must complete the screening form prior to each workout and have emergency contact information provided.
- If a screening form has not been emailed to coach and shows up, they will be sent home.
- Anyone who is sick in any way is not allowed to attend. Students and parents must be honest and report this to your coach. If a student begins to feel sick during a workout, please report this and you will be asked to call home immediately for a ride home. Follow up will then come from our school nurse.
Sign Ups will occur for Open Gym Sessions on Google Docs. A link will be emailed, posted on cheerleading website, and on twitter. We will have 2 sessions.
- Wednesday 5:15pm-6:20pm in Gym D
- Wednesday 6:30pm-7:35pm in Gym D
Attendance Records and Health Attestations will be kept for each session – Screening forms and emergency contact forms will be kept electronically.
Mats will be disinfected before and after every session. Coaches will be spraying the disinfectant spray.
Athletes will be required to wash hands or apply hand sanitizer before and after rolling out the mats.
- Athletes should arrive at the school ready to participate with sneakers and work out clothing on. No locker rooms will be available for changing clothes.
- Athletes will enter at Door 37 and go directly to gym D
- Athletes sneakers will be sprayed with disinfectant prior to stepping on the mat.
- Athletes will place their belongings along the wall on the floor 6 feet apart.
- Athletes must find their own ride to and from all activities. Carpooling is highly discouraged, but if needed athletes should where masks while in the car.
- Required for athletes and coaches at all times while on school property and may only be removed for a quick water break in a socially distant location. Must be a cloth or medical face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times. Neck gaiters are not allowed.
- The only equipment to be used will be cheer mats and flyer stands.
- Mats will be cleaned and disinfected once rolled out, between sessions, and before being put away.
- Hand Sanitizer will be in the gym to sanitize as frequently as possible.
Workout Capacity and time
- Workouts will be capped at 16 players per session for grades 9-12 only at this time
- We will start with 2 sessions on Wednesday night. If we get more interest, we will look to add another day. The Sessions will be 5:15-6:30 for Group A and 6:45-8 for Group B. There is a 15-minute break in between sessions to disinfect mats.
- Groups A and B will remain the same each week. We cannot inter-mix groups, make changes, or fill in any gaps when some cannot attend.
- All drills will be individual and socially distant, 6 feet apart.
- Athletes will have drink breaks and are encouraged to also sanitize individually.
- Emphasis of drills will be individual skills.
- Athletes will leave the school immediately at the completion of the workout from Door 37. Students are not allowed to go anywhere else in the building.
- Athletes will exit in staggered groups and proceed straight to their cars/rides
- Athletes should go directly home and shower after all workouts