Welcome to 10th grade Global History and Geography. This is the second year of the global progam and is designed to give your student a survey of historical topics with a strong emphasis on world geography.
Some points you might like to consider...
· Email is the best way to reach me and will likely get you the quickest response but phone calls are not a problem! Susan McCannon, Social Studies 293-1800 x5532 email@example.com
· Homework is assigned almost daily. You will find a calendar of due dates, test dates and a list of assignments on this website plus your child has a hard copy of all assignments. Late assignments lose points.
· Each student is expected to keep a notebook. At the end of every unit, they will receive a grade for having and completing all class activities and worksheets.
· Students need to pass this course to graduate. They must also pass the New York State Regents exam in Global History that will be given in June of this year and will cover material for both the ninth and tenth grade year. All students must take the Regents exam. A minimum passing grade for the exam is a 65. The exam will include 50 multiple-choice questions, one thematic essay and one Document Based Question. Students will have three hours to take the exam.
· Students who have been identified as having special needs and are not successful on the Regents could be eligible to take a Regents Competency Exam several days after the Regents. If this is necessary, the school will contact you as soon as possible. All documented test modifications will be honored at the exam site and in the classroom.
· In order to prepare students for the exam, each unit exam will be a parallel assessment with the Regents, but designed to fit into an 85-minute block. This means that students will answer approximately 25 Regents style multiple-choice questions and either a thematic essay or a DBQ. A great deal of emphasis will be placed on writing during the year.
· This course moves very quickly! Each day your student will cover a different topic so attendance and making up work are very important.
· I will make it a priority to contact you if your student is falling behind, but do not hesitate to contact me if I can help in any way. Nobody knows your child better than you!
Mrs. McCannon's Site
Churchville-Chili Central School District
Churchville-Chili Senior HIgh School
5786 Buffalo Road
Churcvhille, NY 14428